Tuesday, November 22, 2011

W.I.P. Self Critique

So I'm trying to really stride that line between messy and "intentional messy" and trying to get it closer to the latter, at first I wanted to do it all in very muted colors, but I decided against it. I am now leading towards the idea of everything desaturated and then just the scarfs- but I think that's too forward so what i'm trying is;

Everything grayscale (except scarves)
Lights are colored.

^These work best.

So it was pretty fun going through these tests though, I think the outcome is pretty successful, needs more tweeks but it's getting there.

Some tests:



So learning to export out of ToonBoom with an Alpha channel is getting pretty confusing? I think I can do it it's just so tricky, and exporting everything in lossless format is pretty interesting- it actually doesn't take that long and the everything is still pretty awesome. Yep, so all-in-all I'd like to be further but I think   this is a manageable project. Also, the ending changed.

Schedule: 
Thanksgiving- FINISH PRELIMINARY ASSEMBLY EDIT WITH ALL SHOTS

Backgrounds and ToonBoom Scarves.
Nov. 23-25

End of Thanksgiving- FINISH THE PIECE with Aftereffects lighting.
Nov. 26-28

REVISE REVISE REVISE
Nov. 29- Dec.1

PROFIT!
Dec-etc.,






No comments:

Post a Comment