Thursday, November 17, 2011

Self Critique

I love making storyboards! I am always in a conflict about how detailed to make them however. If I make them too detailed, it distracts from the purpose, if I detail to little it looks rushed and doesn't serve to communicate my meaning. Nevertheless, I love making them, and recently I have turned to just making them animatics- why not? It's just one more step. I think my colored frame could use more textures- and I cannot tell you how conflicted I was over the girls legs- My god! Anyway, I'm excited for this piece, I thought of the story for a very long time, and I think it will be good to get feedback. I like the luminosity of her scarf against all these dark and grey solids- it really makes me think of france for some reason. It's also very rare that I make a piece that is so unfantastical that it could play as live action too. The only thing I'm worried about is how the textures will move when they cross the screen, I don't want them to go wanky.

No comments:

Post a Comment