Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Final Project Concept Idea + Reference

I want to do a music video with a collage of video and paper art. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do it at the moment but I'm passionate about this idea and I have some really good music that I've got the rights to use and I'm really pumped to get started on this. Here are some examples of music videos that I'm using as an idea for what I want to do.





This was done with cut paper and long exposure photography and aftereffects.



This was an abstract form of music video- I want mine to have more context than this and I like the "stop motion feel" of the previous two.



This is a pretty awesome video that uses miniature and stop motion and a special type of camera of some sort to get this really cool effect. Pretty boss. This is part inspiration and I want mine to be just as awesome.



Here is another good idea of what I want to do. To put it simply,
I want to take real world images/sketches, cut paper assets, and animation in aftereffects. To music. I really want the style to be sketchy and dirty but realistic.

As for the Story- I want it to be about a guy who loses his wallet then finds it in a different dimension.

1 comment:

  1. Two word: jellyfish apocalypse.

    Seriously though, your aesthetic ideas are cool, Kaitlyn. Sure, I can't really judge how yours will be right now, but you seem passionate about the piece, so all the power to you.

    But... why does this even need a story? A lot of these pieces you have as inspiration are incredibly abstract. I'm not saying don't do a narrative, but ask yourself- does your piece NEED one? The whole "guy finds wallet in another dimension" thing seems kinda tacked on. You talked a ton about your aesthetic, but then just throw it in there. Either build on it more, or ditch it and focus on making a kick-ass abstract experimental thing.

    ReplyDelete