Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Travel Fellowship

     Going abroad is an opportunity few get to experience in their life, especially in their young adult years, yet it is so crucial for the life of an artist. If given this opportunity, I would choose to go to London to Attend the Sci-Fi London Film festival, and document my trip both digitally and traditionally by filling up at the least two sketchbooks. The purpose of this trip would not only be to understand and experience another culture but to further my capabilities as a film maker. I have experienced many film festivals in the US, and afterwards my work has always been tremendously more informed of the standard that the film industry has. With this trip, I think it would further the success of my projects and MCA's presence as not only excelling at fine arts, but digital arts as well.

    The specific questions I plan to address are whether there are huge differences between European an American narrative. I would also like to answer why sci-fi and fantasy-adventure is although one of the hardest genres yet also one that profits tremendously both finacially and with career exposure; such as the Harry Potter Films or Star Wars. I would be the best person for this trip because I would use my time as wisely as possible, my experiences organizing events and connecting with others in the industry is paramount. If my work does not speak for itself, then you can see

Depart 4.29.2012 for London, United Kingdom via American Airlines Flight(round trip): $874.90

Arrive and arrange accommodation at: Keystone House Kings Cross in London, England = $26.58-40 a night. : $186.06 for 7 days (this is the cheapest rate, I may have to go higher)

(The full schedule of this festival is not yet listed online, but what I will likely be partaking in is:)

Sci-fi london: (strangely enough the ticket prices aren't out)
-48 hr Film Challenge
-Fantasy Screenwriter Workshop
-Search for a Script...
-Interviews with numerous professionals in the industry
-A lot more!
--
More things I will do!
 -Trip to the British Musuem : Free
- a visit to BBC Television centre for a tour : £7.75 - £9.95 ($10.41-$13.37)

Transportation: Oyster Card, $48
Food & Beverages: $950( The stay is for 5-6 days)
Misc:$200
Emergency Fund:$400

Total: $2672.33

This is a conservative estimate.

Depart for memphis 5.6.2012, arrive 5.7.2012 (price listed above)

No comments:

Post a Comment