Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Travelling Fellowships


I met with Newberry at the Registrar about traveling fellowships and she said that most of the fellowships have ben given to students and the majority of them have just traveled and went to museums. She also said that Hannah Leggoe? Or, Evan, I am unsure has been the first person to do workshop or do a lot of structure work. I think that is very significant to realize. So what I have thought about doing is going to a film festival, specifically in Europe, although Elisha says that in mainland Europe speaking only english isn't a hindrance at all. So, I would like to do my fellowship in the United Kingdom- and go to a film fest, and Elisha also divulged that it is better to go to a few museums because it would be a waste to say, go to Paris and not go to the Louvre just because. I agreed with her statement. Jeshua Shcuster is giving a talk tomorrow about his fellowship which I will likely attend. So I am starting to narrow down this list of film festivals to go to currently. Taking specific note of when it will be.

I chose the UK because I think it's a very important cultural center of english and western societies. I also think that it being in the UK will lead most of the foreign films to have english subtitles so that I can watch them and understand them. I know a lot of french, but I don't think I'm well enough at it to read it quickly in subtitle format.

No comments:

Post a Comment