Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Demo Reel Reviews



For this Demo Reel all I really have to say is- Papyrus...Really? Papyrus? Besides that I feel like although person appears to have been in a lot of feature productions the Papyrus and the lack of imagination of the demo reel in total gives me a suspicious questioning. I think my favourite part was the beginning and ending however. Both characters were very well understood.



Here's one I like a lot because it has beautiful shots but it isn't something crazy outrageous that were overhead helicopter shots which I am seeing a trend of. The music wasn't super great though.


Animation Showreel 2011 from Nathan McConnel on Vimeo.

This demo reel was fairly accomplished, it had very well understood editing and it had consistent 8's or higher. I think however that there were too many segments showing things from some films and I feel like her could of narrowed it down a little.



I think this reel is very well but may be a tad overwhelming at the beginning with the sheer amount of work this guy is showing that he's done.

BAD DEMO REELS


This one starts off bad simply by being in such poor quality.



I feel like this one is not only fairly boring, but clearly shows what not to do- which is show classroom excersices.



This one has many problems- one major one being "Long live the haters :)" being in the video's opening. I mean really?! Also this one as well has many tutorials which is not beneficial to their body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment