Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Presenting Yourself and Your Storytelling Goals

1. Peculiarities of my life that have made me see with special eyes are ..


     At one point when I was young my parents informed me that I was adopted. I don't really consider this formative of my life or my personal characteristics, but it something that has made me see with different eyes. I love my parents for everything they've done and even though I consider them my only parents, I have always wondered about who my birth parents really are. Because I know (almost) absolutely nothing about them I speculate and theorize who they are and what they're story is. I realized then that everyone has a story.
     Another peculiarity of my life that has made me see with special eyes are that I realized when I was younger that anybody can do most anything if they are willing to work hard and make mistakes. If you really want to do something or be good at something, you just have sacrifice as much time and hard work as it takes. Sometimes there are things more important than being good at something though. This made me see that it's not up to talent or genetics to make someone good at something, it's all about hard work.


2. Conflicts formative in my life are ... 


     I'm a person that tries to avoid serious conflicts as much as possible, but when I need to I will face them head on. A conflict that I have enocountered a lot is that I'm different and I don't follow the same social rules that other people do, especially those rules that apply to my race; Such as my hair or my clothes. A lot of people don't agree with it, and how I face this conflict is to continue being me by doing what I makes me comfortable.
     Another main conflict that I have is that I have a problem with people who think being gay is wrong. 


3. Themes that I'd like to work with are ... 


Being an underdog.
Being different but nonetheless human.


4. Types of character I empathize with are ... 
I empathize with characters that are a little misunderstood but are also likeable. I also empathize with characters who are a different and unique in a different world.


5. Story topics I'd like to explore are ... 
A person escaping from somwhere. (prison, hostage situation, etc). A person in a world they don't understand.


6. Ways I'd like to act on my audience are ... 
I'd like my audience to think they are watching the impossible happen, that they are seeing ingenious things happening, and are in the POV of the character, trying to free themselves from something that is wrong and corrupt (the economy, ruling class, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment