Monday, September 5, 2011

Demo Reel Reviews

     I think the good characteristics of this demo reel are that it has a lot of good "awe" moments, especially with the helicopter shots and the foreign places, those are what make the reel most interesting. A good demo reel has a lot of great awe moments, but I think this reel needed more of his work that included dolly's and tracking.
     A good example of a demo reel with too much garbage as well as being a little too long is this demo reel. It has a lot of great shots in it especially in the beginning but some of them don't play to his strengths (especially the cuts with the little kid who is blatantly ripping off a cartoon) It's obvious this person has had some very nice camera experience and color correcting as well as having music video experience. I think his effects within his movies were not adding to his strengths but the intro and exit are very well done.
     An example of cinema 4d (mostly) reel is here.
     And I presume a mostly aftereffects reel (it says it's mostly aftereffects) is here. Despite it's age, it is very good and a lot better than a lot of reels that are current such as: this, this, and this. I'm also confused that some people have no animation in their reels, just character design like this.
     This mostly 3D reel is very nice, it is aided by their use of aftereffects. I think this reel is one of the most concise and successful and I would be proud to have one like it after I finish college.

No comments:

Post a Comment